Dawn of Dystopia - A Collaborative Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lore Thread I

2 posters

Go down

Lore Thread I Empty Lore Thread I

Post by Creatrick Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:09 am

Lore Thread I 233c647f9b8c

LORE THREAD

Ist EDITION

Please consult the introduction page before first posting! Be sure to read wiki to gain more detailed information about lore which is posted here!
Creatrick
Creatrick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lore Thread I Empty Re: Lore Thread I

Post by Spartacus Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:45 pm

The War in Turkey "The War Against Turkish Aggression"

Part I

20th, November 2016 - 31st, February 2018

The war began in blood and horror, the Romans - using a flimsy cry for war. A cargo fleet sunk off the shores of Turkey - their people and Senate demanded answers from Turkey. In reply, the Turks gave them an answer they of carelessness, and tension - with no evidence and many claiming it was actually a setup by the ERR and their allies. On October 8, 2016; the ERR along with their allies began their war on Turkey, it began with massive artillery strikes crippling border towns, and facilities. During the early morning, Roman tanks rolled over the fields on the border, with legionaries and allied forces following behind.

Lore Thread I Esp_2411
The initial massive drive into Turkey, consisted of over six Legions - and over 30,000 men.

The days to come would be filled with violence not seen since the days of World War 2, massive tank waves, those that would be seen if the Cold War erupted. Urban combat that resembled the harsh warfare of that of Stalingrad or Berlin. The battle also goes off the land, sea-battles on large scales with amphibious warfare, carpet bombing that hasn't scared Europe in over 70 years, returned. The ERR launched a massive carpet bombing campaign against the Turks, devastating cities and killing thousands, before the attack on Istanbul began - the ERR air forces targeted the city brutally, eventually turning to fire-bombing. This resulted in many evacuation sites being destroyed and many refugees fleeing east were killed in the bombing.

Lore Thread I Espw_211
ERR Bombers making a bombing run, somewhere in Turkey - circa 2016

Lore Thread I Esp_3110
An evacuation center, that was hit by white phosphorous - a favorite among ERR CAS pilots.

Lore Thread I Espw_410
Many towns, cities and strategic facilities were hit early on in the war, leaving Turkey without much support in their infrastructure.

While the battle for Turkey raged up north, in the south - the historical lands of Anatolia were also under attack. FIlii Caesar (FC) a large extremist paramilitary, sworn to the Roman state and people, began a massive ethnic cleansing campaign in the countryside, towns were left empty. But with the people gone, a stench ruled the countryside air - those of mass graves. For months the FC were left unchecked, by then many Turkish forces were defending Istanbul, police forces were called up to defend the refugee roads - leaving many to the vultures of these butchers. The hatred built up over the centuries in which the Thracian's of the Balkans had, was unmatchable. It was only a matter of time before they would once again lash out against their historic enemy - the first was during their civil-war to break off with the Turks. Now it was the turn for the Romans to extract their revenge.

Lore Thread I Esp_2010
A mass grave in a Turkish town in Anatolia. The UN tried to eventually get access to the sites - all attempts failed.

After the battle of Istanbul, the ATO were preparing for another large assault into the heartland of Turkey. Taking over a month of preparation, the ERR this time used their newly bought Frog-7 Scuds armed with VX Gas in the attack. This would be the moment where the first open atrocities were seen by the world, using VX gas, and killing of civilians on mass scales. The advance of the ATO forces was swift, stabbing deep into the Turkish land. Until the Southern Force hit Bursa, a battle would rage for months. Winter would come, freezing the dead and the living alike, in the north. a Praetorian Guards Force was nearing the capital, but hit stiff resistances and halted shortly before the war ended.

Lore Thread I Esp_2210
ERR Legate Salutes to his Armati Tank Troops. Build up before the Second Operation in Turkey.

Lore Thread I Esp_2310
ATO Forces, at a stanging area, overlooking the valleys separating the Istanbul Strait with mainland Turkey.

Lore Thread I Esp_2410
Frog-7 Scuds, at staging areas, circa, May 2017.

Lore Thread I Esp_2610
The use of VX was deadly, and would later contaminate much of the areas that were hit.

Lore Thread I Esp_3810
Praetorian Guard Forces as they near the capital.

As the war pushed on, so did the fighters, the FC eventually became support for the ERR and their allies, helping out at the legendary "Battle of Bursa" also known as the "Red Galu", named for when the battle was over, the nearby lake became crimson red from the dumping of bodies. But aside from which the FC also began a online war, posting propaganda videos similar to those in the Yugoslav Wars of the 90's. Along also came execution videos, most of civilians.

Lore Thread I Esp_3210
FC troops fighting in Bursa.

Lore Thread I Esp_1910
A viral music video of FC fighters, the video came to be an insult for the Turks.

Lore Thread I Fc_p310
A part of one of the execution videos from the FC.
Spartacus
Spartacus
Admin

https://dawnofdystopia.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartacus Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:26 pm

The War in Turkey "The War Against Turkish Aggression"

Part II

20th, November 2016 - 31st, February 2018

As the war was nearing its end, fighting become heavier, the Turks through all they had to defend the capital. In the north, Turkish troops dug into the valleys, ATO troops had to use flamethrower RPG's; such as the RPO series, burning out cave systems and forested outposts. In the south, the hilly plains became a easy ground for bombers to hit, scaring the landscapes - tank battles would rage, and mechanized forces would clash in a large scale warfare situation. Eventually, airborne forces would be dropped behind Turkish lines crippling the southern most flank, giving an edge for ERR/Order Combined forces to push further along the coast and up towards the capital.

Lore Thread I Esp_3410
ERR tank forces push past the fielded hills of central Turkey.

Lore Thread I Espw_110
Airborne forces operation behind Turkish lines in the south, circa 2017.

In the last days of the war, the remaining humanitarian aid personnel were on their way out, trying to leave as fast as they could. Runways were filled, chaos ensued - people fleeing the rapid ATO advance and what they believe also would come, crimes and Romanisation. A ideological process of enforceable integration, and removing of previous identity and culture - the ERR took ques from the historical account of Gaius Julius Caesar's Romanisation of Gaul, which saw the murder of over two million people.

The international airport in Ankara became the most horrific scene in the ending days of the war, thousands of people trying to leave, refugees stuck in the terminals begging for help, and transport out of Turkey. signs and pictures of missing people, with messages written. It was a scene of terror and suffering, medical supplies were low, and staffing was low, the dead that would die in makeshift medical centers on the tarmac, and subsequently would rot - left in their cots. When news broke that the ATO forces were only several kilometers the rest of the civilian aircraft began taking off, as many staff, refugees and civilians alike swarm the plans before take off, the airstrip became a sea of people. With the planes taking off, the ramps were always lowered to grab as many humanly possible before take off. The rest were left behind.

The end of the airport service came, when the military portion of the airstrip was hit by ERR procession airstrikes, destroying the airstrip in the process. Ensuring it could no longer be used by anyone.

Lore Thread I Esp_3510
ERR airstrike against a humanitarian airport outside of Ankara, circa 2018.

Lore Thread I Esp_3610
The last procession airstrikes hitting Ankara airstrip (Military side).

The last battles would rage till February 31, at mid-night. The war would end and leave scares that in some regard could never heal, the land was decimated and cities needed to be rebuilt. The people will never forget on any side, The civilians will always remember the boards in towns on the refugee roads of those loved ones missing with messages, the horror of the bombing, the stench of the mass graves. The graves of battles long done, littered debris, bodies - then when the war ended, all they heard from the other side of the line was the echoed blare of the ERR anthem as it plays in their victory, but at what cost.

Lore Thread I Esp_3910
ERR troops enter a town recently captured, civilians wave the ERR flags - in hopes to prevent revenge killings.

Lore Thread I Esp_3711

Lore Thread I Esp_3710
Turkish Convoys near the ending days of the war were hit by ever increasing airstrikes.

Many troops suffered PTSD, and depression, seeing some of the horrors of this bloody war, radicalization became rampant. But the hatred will remain, as Turkey and ERR are not done yet. The international community still does not know the full extent of the crimes and what happened in the war. But they do know for sure, this uneasy peace will never last.

Lore Thread I Esp_4210
Many who saw the worst of the fighting became depressed or suffered from PTSD.

Lore Thread I Esp-v710
Early Spring, outside Bursa. The battles of the war littered the landscape with corpses and junk.

The aftermath of the war led too a destablization in the Region, the FC spread outside the boarders of Turkey and managed to gain support in Greece, the ERR experienced a Coup that placed the offical party; the National Roman Party (NRP) at the helms of power. While their senate was disbanded, along with the nation entering into modernization process - the Order, ERR's closet ally got a holy land for their followers, also setting up religious sites, and economic free zones - boosting the economy.

Lore Thread I Esp-7v10
ERR Docks with older T-72AV's being shipped to massive factories for modernization.
Spartacus
Spartacus
Admin

https://dawnofdystopia.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Creatrick Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Post-war groups in Anatolia

Following the ceasefire between ERR and Turkey in beginning of 2018, it seemed as if the conflict that was raging on and destroying so many lives would finally end. But Anatolia is a vast land and events that were happening around the time, as well as the entire war itself, allowed several new actors to appear that would keep the post-war land far from peaceful.

Anatolian Liberation Campaign

The war destroyed many peoples lives and thousands of them could not see their homes burned and loved ones dying as a result of ERR's campaign. Those who decided to take up arms and fight the invaders would soon unify into one large resistance movement, aimed at disrupting ERR's and Order's progress at absorbing the conquered territories. The core of this movement are several Turkish army units that refused to retreat over the DMZ after the ceasefire. Well trained, armed and with a large stockpile of supplies, these guerrilla turned soldiers command even more motivated and patriotic turks who want to see Turkey restored to its former state and its enemies pay for what they have done.

Lore Thread I Cc7a2e96b50a
Rebels fight war against a superior force, so the odds stacked against them are massive. Pictured above are two rebel fighters, equipped in most regular attire as would be expected from a civilians who joined the fight - civilian clothing with military webbing and scavenged body armor. Weapons are mostly also scavenged from defeated enemy or acquired from various other sources, such as foreign aid or even illegal weapon sellers.

What remains of Turkey now sees them as national heroes and lots of Turkish citizens are attempting to join the cause, though the government tries to stop them as not to lose anymore people. Instead the state occasionally chooses to supply rebels with most needed supplies, sometimes even guns and ammunition. The hope of rebels is all time high now, as they have survived many months and keep on successfully fighting ERR in the east, near the DMZ.

Lore Thread I 0e677f3883f6
Quick raids on less garrisoned army outposts and ambushes allow the rebels to scavenge what they need in form of weaponry and ammunition. So far they have not attempted to make a big move and take over large territory after a disastrous Battle of Attaleia, during which over 4000 rebels were killed, severely damaging their efforts against Order. All rebels, as seen above, wear red arm bands to signify that they are members of the resistance.

But as in any resistance organization, there are troubles from within. While their cause is understandable, their methods are far from noble and they often choose to go after those nationals who chose to cooperate with their new Thracian leaders, despite they do it to avoid hunger or worse... Terror and heavy handed decisions are not unheard off, and it could tarnish the rebel reputation if the commanders stay apathetic to these problems and continue to focus solemnly on fighting their enemy.

Anatolian Mujaheddin Front

Images of Hagia Sophia minarets crumbling after crusaders of Order detonated their charges, sorrowful accounts of invading forces leaving only trails of rubble in places of mosques, genocide of Muslims perpetrated by ruthless FC and Order units. The entire Islamic world watched in anger as the war continued and it was the Muslim people of Turkey suffering the most.

The most devout followers of Allah, understanding that it is the war waged against them by Order and other few foes, have taken up defensive jihad. With rifles in hands and words of Prophet in heart, these people chose to better die fighting the invading infidels rather than retreat as many cowardly comrades did. To support the Turkish religious fighters, thousands of jihadists started travelling to Turkey in order to join the hellish fighting.

Lore Thread I 1f2c07f3d578
A jihadist fighter contemplating the jihad him and his brothers are fighting. There are those who fight a truly noble jihad, keeping their faith in mind and mindless extremism away, but they are few in sea of raving zealots who only wish to cause terror in the name of Allah and relish in it.

For a secular nation of Turkey, religious extremism was not as tolerated as elsewhere in Islamic world, but the sorry state of world pushed many of those to the brink and they took interest of many marginal groups - Salafists included. They only needed a push to become full extremists, and the war was that push. As war progressed, whereas some joined rebels, others saw that its the holy war that's the only acceptable response to attacking Romans and very similar Christian crusaders. And so, Jihadists grew in numbers, with their experience and quality of arms improving as battles went on and desperate state choosing to include them into ranks of fighting force.

Lore Thread I A7d7aec5
A vast army of Muslims from all around the world are currently active in war-torn Anatolia. Right now they wish to forge their own state from which they would spread even more extremism and violence all around. Opportunistic and wicked due to belief that they are the righteous ones, they stay true to their extreme beliefs.

The current faction that calls itself Anatolian Mujaheddin Front has split away from the entire Turkish force at the end of war. Roughly half (or maybe even more) of fighters of the Front are foreign, meaning that were fighting for Islam, not for Turkey.

As such, shortly after the ceasefire came into effect, a well known jihadist commander Mehmet Kurtoglu declared the new Islamist organization with a sole goal - to create a brand new Islamic state in Anatolia and exterminate all the infidels and kaffirs of the land. They are cruel and vicious, very fanatical and quite well equipped. The jihadists of Anatolia will be a major source of terror in time to come- to both occupiers and locals who are not as zealous as they are.

Outlaws

It is very hard to upkeep law and order in areas as vast as Anatolia, and ERR, together with Order, discovered this mere weeks after the ceasefire. All the chaos, lawlessness, desperation and violence created by war lingers on, but it's not the armies that are doing this. The world is suffering from economic hardships and this allows many less upstanding individuals to arise. All sort of crime - drug trafficking, kidnappings, murder, theft and others have managed to quickly establish themselves in war-torn lands.

It wasn't just foreign jihadists that were travelling to Turkey by droves. Criminals from surrounding nations took interest in the war and possible niches they could fill after it ends. Local crime bosses recruited many young men who didn't want to die in front-lines to work in their "enterprises". Brand new mafia syndicates and bands of marauders appeared, all seeking to profit from the situation.

Lore Thread I 5005f426221a
Outlaws are simply bands of various criminals that are active in plethora of illegal activities in post-war Anatolia. In their ranks are local Turks and Romans, deserters from all armies that fought in war, as well as foreign high-profile criminals. An example of such foreign type is "Dushman" - a very notorious boss of one of largest outlaw gangs in post-war Anatolia. Pictured above the Dushman himself, reminding local villagers of who provides them protection from various extremists and what might happen if they refuse to pay protection fee.

Whereas some are small time smugglers looking to feed themselves and gain some extra money, others are large dangerous groups of marauding bandits or well equipped guns for hire. With so much of everything going on in this land, many outlaws will perish in their short-lived ventures, while others might come out on top and earn riches beyond comprehension of many...

Lore Thread I 721fe3fbbfdb
Previously, MC Skulz was just a one-percenter motorcycle club in ERR and Turkey, with members from both nations. But now as everything changed, it is not a simple club anymore. MC Skulz are feared and despised for a good reason - they are the most effective and ruthless outlaw gangs currently active in Anatolia. Skulz's operate in many "club houses" and deal in drugs and weapons. Because they usually don't get in way of ERR, they operate more freely, but ERR will not tolerate the antics of these motorcycle punks for very long.

But all outlaws operate on borrowed time, as ERR does not stand still in its process of pacifying and stabilizing the region. Police and army forces are becoming stronger and eliminating many criminals who happen to cross the way of ERR. It is realistic that the numbers of outlaws will dramatically drop as region becomes more stable in future. But still, nobody can say for sure as current times are dark and unpredictable...
Creatrick
Creatrick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down